PRAYING FOR OUR SCHOOLS 08/22
CARTOOGECHE / 5:30 PM / 3295 OLD MURPHY ROAD
MVI / 6:00 PM / 161 CLARKS CHAPEL ROAD
FHS / 7:30 PM / 100 PANTHER DRIVE
The following is a prayer guide to help you intercede for our school. Please show reverence by remaining silent as you walk around the perimeter, through the halls, and wander into areas where students, teachers, and parents will engage together this coming year. We ask that you only exit and enter through the front doors of the school and do not enter any closed doors.
Pray for Students, Teachers, Administrators and Staff you know:
- As you walk, think about the different people you know at school. Ask God to bring people to your mind who need your prayers. You can pray that they can:deal with the stress they feel without hurting other people
- make good decisions
- be forgiving
- be kind and loving
- be thankful
- have energy
- do a good job
- have an understanding of other people and be forgetful when people do them wrong
- be thoughtful of other people
- do the right thing
- have love, have joy, have peace, have patience, have goodness, have faithfulness, have self-control
- get help if they are hurting
- will do a good job
- will come to know Jesus (if they are not believers)
- will show Jesus in what they do and say (if they are believers
Pray for People You May Not Know:
Along with praying for people you know, you can pray for people in the school that you don't know but God does know. Here are some of the people in schools that you can pray for:
- Principal and Counselor
- Secretaries, nurses, receptionist, and other office workers
- Staff in cafeteria
- Maintenance workers
- Bus Drivers
- School Board who makes decisions for the school
- P.T.O. parents
- Students who are leaders on campus
- Christian students
- Students who have a hard time doing schoolwork
- Students you know who have a hard time at home, or in family
- Students who are disruptive in class
- Students who are bullies to others or just mean
- Students who get bullied, gossiped about or ignored
- Students who feel like no one cares
Love. “Father, may the students and staff of this school experience Your love through the Christians they know in profound and authentic ways” (John 13:35).
Truth. “Lord, release truth in this school. Help students to rightly discern truth and not believe false teachings” (Proverbs 23:23).
School board. “I pray blessings on each school board member (try to pray for them by name). Father, may your will be done at board meetings” (Romans 13:1).
Principal. “May (name of principal) recognize the God-given responsibility he/she has for the best interests of the children who attend the school. May (name of principal) walk in wisdom, integrity, grace, and truth” (Proverbs 2:1-11).
Failing students. “Lord, I ask you to encourage those children who are struggling with their studies. Strengthen their minds. Help their teachers and parents know how to help them learn. Protect them from feelings of worthlessness and shame” (1 Thessalonians 5:14).
Violence. “Lord, stay the hand of violence against the children and staff of this school. Dismantle any plan to bring harm to them. Expose any weapon brought into the school premises and render it harmless” (Psalm 34:7; 54:1).
Christian programs. “Father, I pray for abundant blessings on programs that bring Christ into this public school. Help the groups who sponsor such programs function according to your Word and in harmony with each other. Bless the leaders and bring forth new and growing believers” (1 Corinthians 12:12,13).
Christian students. “Grant the Christian students who attend this school wisdom and boldness in living out their faith. Help them share effectively the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ with their classmates” (1 Timothy 4:12).
A chosen generation. “Father, may your kingdom come. From the students at this school, raise up a generation of people who worship you in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23,24; 1 Peter 2:9).
An open door. “Lord, may there be an open door in this school for the gospel to be shared with students and staff. Allow full advantage to be taken of every opportunity to name the name of Jesus” (Matthew 7:7; 1 Corinthians 16:9).
Reminder to Continue to Pray:
One of the most important goals for our walk is to impress on the YOU that YOU can pray every day for our school. Keep this prayer guide as a reminder of things that YOU can pray for that YOU may not have thought about before.
THANK YOU FOR COMING AND GOD BLESS YOU!